Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Conference 2014

AlanCurragh

Perhaps you could commission a special badge for those of us who will (God willing) have attended all 5?

Or just a medal, with a clasp for each campaign. 3 for me, bur I'm away out in the sticks of Jockland, so it's not quite so easy for me.

Mike

Discussing matters over a drink afterwards a suggestion emerged over what to do if Pete couldn't oblige with a post lunch tour de force in 2014. The following topic emerged.

"Use of reversed rounds by Turkish women machine gun snipers when chained to their guns" (I thought of adding "and Haig's response to it" but that would be silly wouldn't it?) Any volunteers?

• 3 months later...

An update - 4 speakers now booked, two of them are GWF pals, one of them is Dr Marius Strohn who had to cancel earlier this year, and one of them is seen from time to time on TV (and no, it's not him!).

None of them are called Peter.....

I'll start asking for attendees/deposits etc in September

Sounding good already. Not even anyone called " Pete"?

Roger

No Pete either (although he will as ever be there)

one of them is seen from time to time on TV (and no, it's not him!).

So Dan continues to resist your repeated pleading to come and talk to us?...

I will do a display of RFC trench art this year, if that is OK (and I get there early enough again to nick Pete's normal table!!)

James

I will do a display of RFC trench art this year, if that is OK (and I get there early enough again to nick Pete's normal table!!)

James

No problem at all - although Pete might not be best pleased!

I think we paid the same as Paul + breakfast (cos we like to save money and buy ahead, Paul!).

I did the same......but then forgot I had and ended up paying twice for breakfast !!!!

I will bring my dad with me; he should be happy as red wine was one of the few things the bar did not run out of. I doubt grandad Siege Gunner will be able to make the trip though :)

Andy

An update - 4 speakers now booked, two of them are GWF pals, one of them is Dr Marius Strohn......

Go on Alan; you know you want to tell us who the other 3 are :)

Andy

I will bring my dad with me; he should be happy as red wine was one of the few things the bar did not run out of. I doubt grandad Siege Gunner will be able to make the trip though :)

Andy

I didn't know that about the bar - was there a problem with stuff running out? If so I'll mention it to the Tally Ho

one of them is seen from time to time on TV (and no, it's not him)

Pondering....and hoping hoping (no, not for him)

Andy

Yes, Dad's definitely up for it! (provided the red cough medicine keeps flowing)

I will ask grandad but I agree he is unlikely to come.

Cheers

TonyE

• Admin

and one of them is seen from time to time on TV (and no, it's not him!).

None of them are called Peter.....

At least that rules out the new Dr Who :thumbsup:

I didn't know that about the bar - was there a problem with stuff running out? If so I'll mention it to the Tally Ho

Alan. It was the Premier Inn that had liquid sustenance issues but feel free to have a chat with them if you wish :)

Andy

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up - all speakers now booked - so I'll be naming names and asking for deposits very soon....

Thanks

Alan

Kim, Premier Inns have the price for 28th March 2014 at £93.00 on the Premier Saver at the moment, so it looks like it could be booked. How does that compare with this year.

Cheers Roger.

It sounds like the Premier Inn knew you were coming, before you did.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll close this now and start a new thread - with full details of booking and speakers

Alan