Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ian Won't Be Happy!

Terry

I may be completely wrong here but I see that a UK dealer has listed two lots on ebay (five day auction) - 2268670169 "victory medal to a private in the machine gun corps"; and 2268671138 "war medal to a private in the machine gun corps"

Maybe two different fellows, but with the lack of awareness shown by so many on ebay, who knows?

Hi Terry,

You are not wrong, I have asked the question of the seller and they are indeed a split pair to 102724 Private A S Stephens MGC. :angry: Perhaps a few e-mails from the pals may get it sorted out.

Steve

I also asked the seller if they were a split he said yes and that he thought that he had lost the other medal? I have now asked him if he will withdraw both items from the sale reunite them and offer them as a pair.

John

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Terry - :)

I like the next serious collector am always sad to see this sort of thing happening, but I don't loose sleep over it!

I think the case of Pte Squire's medals show that when sold as singles, a medal pair will fetch a lower price than when sold as the full entitlement, so the seller is actually doing themself no favours. Steve has the right idea - an e-mail is called for.

Ian