Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Facebook Page - Ormskirk Great War 100

Ken Lees

Apologies for another shameless plug, but there is a new Facebook page for the West Lancashire market town of Ormskirk (including surrounding villages) and the part its residents played in the Great War.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ormskirk-Great-War-100/342151079226561?ref=hl

Anyone with any information, family connections, photos etc. is encouraged to post.

Suggestions for improvement would be welcome, as would a 'like' or two for the page so that word of the page's existence will spread.

Ken

Excellent site

Best wishes

Gill

Great site. "Liked"

Gives me an idea but time prevents.....

• Admin

Another like for you.

imho along with blogs definitely the way to go for the centenary events, encouraging active involvement and responses from the wider community.

Ken

Nice page. My wife lived in Aughton when I first knew her. There used to be a Comrades of the Great War Club in Ormskirk at the time, in the late 60s/early 70s. Guess it's gone by now.

cheers Martin B

Thats tremendous, I don't live far from Ormskirk, I have already clicked "like" - many thanks for posting. :D

Nice page. My wife lived in Aughton when I first knew her. There used to be a Comrades of the Great War Club in Ormskirk at the time, in the late 60s/early 70s. Guess it's gone by now.

cheers Martin B

It has only just gone, Martin. It was closed a few years ago and demolished just before Christmas to make way for a new housing development.

It's nice to see the drill hall included with some archive photos, especially as it has been at risk and may now be saved. The photo in the theatre link is fabulous.

When we get Lancashire online I'll include a link to the FB page.

Gwyn