Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Salonika Campaign Society Annual Meeting

awakefield

Just to let Forum members know that this year’s meeting is to be held on Saturday, 9 October 2004. A wreath laying at the Cenotaph will occur at 11.40am, followed by the meeting, which will begin at 12.30pm at The Clarence public house, a two minute walk away along Whitehall (towards Trafalgar Square). Proceedings will include a talk by Professor Peter Doyle on ‘Gallipoli and Salonika – The Trouble with Terrain’, to be followed by the AGM. The main business of the meeting should be concluded by about 3.00pm, but all are encouraged to remain for a sociable get-together!

A buffet lunch will be provided, at a cost of £7 per head. The SCS Committee would be grateful if anybody wishing to attend the meeting could contact the Chairman Alan Wakefield (AJ.WAKEFIELD@care4free.net), so that numbers can be catered for. Attendance is open to all, including non-members.

Hello Alan,

Sadly London is a little too far for me - just wondering are you still coming to Dublin on the 13th of November and what's the story with the book on Salonika?

Regards,

Liam.

Alan - I will be there (Yes i know i need to send a cheque and pay my subs...)

regards

Charles

Liam

Yes, I'm still on to give a talk in Dublin on 13th November. Hope to see you there. On the book front, this is due to hit the shelves on 28 September (title 'Under the Devil's Eye - Britain's Forgotten Army at Salonika 1915-1918, published by Suttons, ISBN 0 7509 3537 5, price £19.99).

Charles

Good to hear you can make the October meeting. I'm sure we can sort out the cheques at the next WFA meeting but it had best be done before the beer starts to flow too liberally!

ALAN

Hi Alan-

Cheque been sent and will be attending. I also sen a couple of quid for the SCS badges, which I have been told are still in the pipeline. Any news on that front? Look forward to seeing you there. By the way, will you have signed copies of your book available for purchase at the meeting? All the best

Dimitri

Dimitri

Pleased to hear you will be at the October meeting - hopefully it should be a good one. As long as our publishers get their act together copies of the book should be available on the day (hopefully at a discount for SCS members) - I believe my co-author Simon Moody will be in charge of sales and of course we'd be happy to do a bit of signing.

Paul

Not sure when the Salonika book will hit the States but you can buy copies, for a discounted pre-publication price, on www.amazon.co.uk

Search under the title: Under the Devil's Eye.

ALAN

Alan Amazon has it for $23.77 which is a bit better for US customers + shipping is more from Amazon UK, have ordered it. Are you & Simon going on the trip next September? Hope you do.