Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
pooter

The Nelson (Lancashire) Leader - Local War Record

Dave, your a credit to the forum, that is brilliant, i wasn't sure if he was same J. W. Sunter but i am sitting here looking at the medal John is wearing in photo, he is family connected to my brother-in law who asked me to research him, he will be more than pleased with your result when i tell him, i would never have made that brother connection.

Cant thank you enough.

South African Medal, Soldier Number 15084 Pte J.W. Sunter. R.A.M.C.

Walter

hi walter,i havent used this site before so im not sure how to navigate it yet but i hope you get this message,my name is pauline sunter and jw was my great uncle,im interested in knowing who your brother in law is,i have researched a lot of the family tree so he may be interested in speaking to me,i look forward to a reply,yours pauline

Pendlewitch56

Hi Dave, sorry for not replying before but had totally slipped my mind about posting on here. I really do appreciate the article from the "Burnley News" as it now gives me a more complete letter along with the Lieutenant's name which I can now put with the info. I had obtained on Pte. J. Norman (the other occupant of the dugout). It was only on Friday that I had received a copy of an entry from Nelson Library's copy of "They Are Not Forgotten" which contained a partial extract of Lt. Webster's letter so your find is an added bonus for me.

Once again many, many thanks.

Susan