Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Newly found 14 year old casualty

museumtom

I have been researching the Hawe family for my sons; Edward was the brother of their Great Grandfather Michael. However my research has shown that Edward was born on 5 February 1876, the youngest son of Philip Hawe and Annie Dwyer of Briarsfield, Mullinahone, the large family home of the Hawe family, now sadly demolished. His elder Brother John, 1868 - 1955, died in Fern Gulley Australia and I believe this is the brother mentioned in the attached death notice. Another brother, Philip, 1873-1918, lived in Liverpool, hence the announcement of his death in the Liverpool Echo. Edward's father Philip died in 1880; Philip had an elder sister Mary who married Edmund Kickham, their son Michael is buried in Echuca Cemetery. All these facts are in accord with Edward's death notice in the Melbourne Newspaper, copy attached, and lead me to believe that that the Edward Francis Hawe in the article entitled Edward Francis Hawe, a boy soldier of the Great War, was the same person and he was therefore aged 40 when he died on 20 September 1916.

Edward Hawe - Death Notice.jpg