Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RWF men of the Midlands: new book

Muerrisch

Just to let everyone know - Fighting With The Royal Welsh is now available. Having received my copy today, I cannot recommend Graham Knight's meticulous work highly enough.

If, as in our case, you have someone remembered in its pages, then this book will have special significance. If not, you will still own a piece of research and a tool of reference beyond reproach that you will never tire of dipping into even after its initial reading.

Today, this book allowed my wife to see an image of her Great Uncle, killed with the 17th Battalion RWF, for the first time, and this is ample reason for us to pay tribute to the author's prowess, not forgetting those acknowledged by him as having been vital to the plot.

It is a worthy addition to anyone's bookshelves.

This is an unsolicited post, made without the author's participation or knowledge and I make it only to draw forum pals' attention to a gem that they might not want to let slip away..

i see now! the people from the posh area's get it first lol

Hi Enoch - Went out on a scouting patrol, presented my compliments at RWF HQ and returned successfully with a copy.

Seemed to me that all the areas I passed through were much posher than ours!!

The arrangement is simple: the author sells locally around Birmingham to his established customer base, I do the majority of the mail order, the far-flung outposts like Surbiton and Norway!

The copies for me to distribute will be here tomorrow.

Have patience: I haven't got my copy yet!

sorry i did mean to upset anyone! my warped sense of humour :(

enoch

I now have my stock, drove to Brum in stinking soaking rain yesterday, and bowled over by the quality and indeed quantity.

Printed on top-quality heavy paper, the illustrations are stunning.

395 photographs of individuals or groups

107 maps, diagrams, posters, places

41 artefacts such as badges, weapons

29 ships and trains

The copies for those who have sent cheques and addresses, together with review copies for WFA and MHS will go out tomorrow.

If you buy one book this year, it has to be this one, and at an unrepeatable price.

hi grumpy,

received mine this morning

many thanks

enoch

I have several signed copies that members have asked me to reserve for them. They are ready to post .............. please contact me if you are such.

My copy arrived recently and I have not been able to put it down. It is a quality publication and the research is excellent and it is a fitting tribute to the men of the Midlands who served with the RWF - Graham Knight has given them the recognition they fully deserve.

Maricourt

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete, Graham or Grumpy

I would like to buy a copy of the book. Please

Terry

Terry PM Grumpy and you will get a copy ....which you will enjoy..

• 3 months later...

I expect to have my stock of the book for GWF members in two day's time on Saturday and will post out on Monday.

I will email/PM all those on the mail out list to inform them of posting.

Meanwhile, if interested, I will have enough to hand to satisfy more demand.

Dear Grumpy

Do you have any copies still in stock? I have tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Would like a copy too please!!

Simon

• 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Admin

We can merge 2 with the original if you want.