Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

14th KGO Ferozepore Sikhs

gilly100

Hi All

I am aware there are two unit histories on the above unit somewhere out there, but have tried online, military book dealers and so on and no joy thus far. There is the one by Capt FEG Talbot from 1937, and another by PG Bamford of 1948 vintage.

I am writing a book on the battles for Hill 60 Gallipoli, in which this unit played a role. It is only the Gallipoli participation I need to read and to check any rolls etc if in the book. Does anyone know of where I might find one or both of these, as they are a must for a balanced appreciation for the book and its participants. I have all the Gurkha histories, bar the 1/4th Gurkhas who came to Gallipoli in September 1915 I believe, and have yet to source anything on this unit also. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian Gill

Bali

Hi Michaeldr

I had not even found that one, although the price tag is beyond this bloke. Will see what turns up and if and when I get hold of the unit and brigade war diaries, that may have to suffice. I am aware of the late Reginald Savory's articles posted in the Gallipoli Assn's journal, and of which I am a member and have the CD. That is a start at least.

Thanks for the heads up on the pricing!

Cheers

Ian

• 7 months later...

Ian, both these books are available at the British Library, although given your location, this may not be of much help to you.

Cheers

Maureen

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Maureen

Sorry on late reply. Seems I will be engaging a researcher shortly to help get me all the unit/brigade war diaries for all the 29th Indian Infantry Brigade for 1915. Perhaps I can point the researcher in to the British Library for a squizz as well.

Cheers for the heads up.

Ian