Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shout at the Devil

MichaelBully

Following Kevin Patience's superb talk at the Sussex WFA meeting last night about the Konisgsberg, I started to seek out the film 'Shout at the Devil' which is set in East Africa during the Great War.

I couldn't find a full version but have found a trailer on YouTube . Though movie stared Roger Moore and Lee Marvin, had an extensive budget, it did not do very well upon its release in 1976.

Anyone recall the full version ?

Regards

Michael Bully

Yes Michael, I have the full version. It's loosely based on events connected with the Konigsberg, but is about as historically accurate as the 'African Queen' was all those years ago. However, I enjoyed both movies, but take them with a pinch of salt.

Keith

I can recall the full version both on the TV and at the cinema , yes it was a huge budget movie spaning the years prio to the war and the including the Great War , the impression I got was that Marvin was going through the role by numbers and was playing the character he played in Cat Balou , when the movie finally gets to the Great War and its a fair way in ,most of the film deals with ivory smuggling prior to the war , then Moore gets Marvins daughter pregnant , in a rather violent scene the bad boy Hun kills Moores baby which then sets Marvin and Moore off on the killing spree , not a great film but good to see Moore and Marvin enjoying themselves , the final scene of the ship blowing up and events leading up to it are very very Guns of Navarone .

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Being shown on Great Movies Classic at 2100 on Friday, August 5 (with commercials, which are missing from the version to which I  linked on February 5).

Edited by Moonraker