Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Salonika Campaign Society

Gully Ravine

I am honoured to have been asked to take on the role of membership secretary for The Salonika Campaign Society.

I would like to say ‘Hello’ to existing society members who follow this forum and to encourage anyone with an interest in the campaign (i.e. you as you are reading this!) to join the society. The annual cost is very reasonable and as well as being a member of a relatively small but exclusive group, you will receive two editions of the society’s journal each year. Full details of the society and its objectives, as well as my contact details for membership matters, can be found at http://www.salonikacampaignsociety.org.uk/.

To improve communications with the membership and to help manage costs, we are endeavouring to obtain email addresses for members who have no objection to us holding this data and receiving communications (e.g. newsletters) via this route. If any existing member wishes me to add their email address to our membership database (or to update an existing email address), please contact me by email via the society’s web site.

Thank you.

I am indebted to the Great War Forum for allowing this post.

Keith Edmonds

Membership Secretary

Bravo Keith - you have taken on a sometimes mundane but always vital task.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Email on its way.

• 1 month later...

Congrats Keith on your Hon appointment as Secretary of the SALONIKA CAMPAIGN SOCIETY . I have been a member for a number of years as my Namesake Uncle , Lieut P W Anderson, served in the 10th (Service ) Bn The BLACK WATCH from late 1915 to his move from Salonika to train as an Observer in the RFC in 1917.........then flying in DH4s in France until his serious wounding in June 1918 and then death from wounds received 2 years previous

Congrats Keith

best wishes Pat w anderson

Good luck in your new post. Reminds me that I need to re-subscribe. With best wishes, Michael Bully

Reminder .. don't be shy now! Only £7.00 per annum ... gets you e-newsletters, 2x per annum New Mosquito journal, membership of a select group of individuals!

Keith

Congrats Keith on your Hon appointment as Secretary of the SALONIKA CAMPAIGN SOCIETY . I have been a member for a number of years as my Namesake Uncle , Lieut P W Anderson, served in the 10th (Service ) Bn The BLACK WATCH from late 1915 to his move from Salonika to train as an Observer in the RFC in 1917.........then flying in DH4s in France until his serious wounding in June 1918 and then death from wounds received 2 years previous

Congrats Keith

best wishes Pat w anderson

Hi Pat

Thank you very much, I'm enjoying the role. It is a real privilege to be involved and hear from members who had relatives in the campaign and hear their stories. Lots to do still and any ideas you or any members (SCS or forum) have for the centenary, be happy to receive them and pass on to the SCS committee.

Regards

Keith

Keith,

How about the restoration of the house used as an HQ by the 5th Connaughts (and others) in Tatarli below the Kosturino Ridge - small and surviving, albeit somewhat derelict it would make a fine interpretation centre and small museum - with a cafe adjacent, I believe.

Probably only a £15,000 project it would be wonderful to see it happen in 1915 - the centenary of it's use as an HQ!

• 9 months later...

Renewal of Salonika Campaign Society memberships has gone well this year, but there are still a few who have yet to renew. If you are one of these and wish to avoid receipt my next begging email, please pay up asap. The email after the next one will not be so gentle!!

Keith Edmonds

Membership Secretary

SCS

• 1 month later...

I am honoured to have been asked to take on the role of membership secretary for The Salonika Campaign Society.

I would like to say ‘Hello’ to existing society members who follow this forum and to encourage anyone with an interest in the campaign (i.e. you as you are reading this!) to join the society. The annual cost is very reasonable and as well as being a member of a relatively small but exclusive group, you will receive two editions of the society’s journal each year. Full details of the society and its objectives, as well as my contact details for membership matters, can be found at http://www.salonikacampaignsociety.org.uk/.

To improve communications with the membership and to help manage costs, we are endeavouring to obtain email addresses for members who have no objection to us holding this data and receiving communications (e.g. newsletters) via this route. If any existing member wishes me to add their email address to our membership database (or to update an existing email address), please contact me by email via the society’s web site.

Thank you.

I am indebted to the Great War Forum for allowing this post.

Keith Edmonds

Membership Secretary

Well ... where did that year go? Just over a year on and still in post! Membership database all sorted and in good shape. Still few tardy payers who have 2013/14 renewals outstanding, but I will be on their case early in the New Year. To those who paid up on time - many thanks, it does make my life so much easier.

The Society continues to grow with centenary plans afoot. Keep an eye on www.salonikacampaignsociety.org.uk for updates. Of course, you can always join and receive copies of our New Mosquito journal and our Balkan News e-newsletter to keep in touch.

Happy New Year to all.

Keith Edmonds

Membership Secretary