Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where was Poste Les Dos?

IRC Kevin

Can anyone tell me the exact location of Poste Les Dos around September 1915. (sometimes written as Lesdos)? It's going to be in the Aveluy sector and probably within half a mile of Poste Donnet, but it's not marked under that name on any of my trench maps. If it's any help, it's the location that the Brigade Commander, Brigadier General Hibbert, of 154th Infantry Brigade was wounded on the 1st October 1915.

I'm fascinated to see someone else is using the avatar I chose. I wonder if there is any connection between you and the Motto? Were you a 17th Lancer? If not, I wonder why you chose it?

Robin

I'm fascinated to see someone else is using the avatar I chose. I wonder if there is any connection between you and the Motto? Were you a 17th Lancer? If not, I wonder why you chose it?

Robin

I was indeed, Robin and with bit of juggling, your sign-on name is very close to that of an officer from the same Squadron,as myself, whose wife taught with my wife at Heide Middle, or is that just a shot in the dark?

Sounds close. I was Squadron Leader of HQ Squadron in Munster 84-86 under Reggie Purbrick and then William Hurrell but my wife did not work (apart from helping to bring up our 4 children!). Give me a clue...

Kind regards

Robin

Sounds close. I was Squadron Leader of HQ Squadron in Munster 84-86 under Reggie Purbrick and then William Hurrell but my wife did not work (apart from helping to bring up our 4 children!). Give me a clue...

Kind regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

I'll PM you- PERSEC etc

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

I just love this forum. Many, many thanks to Connaughtranger for supplying me with a scan from an R.E. hand-drawn plan. If anyone else is interested it can be found on the Ovillers 1:10000 sheet 57 D S.E. 4, edition 2B of 11/6/16 at grid X 1 c 4.6 and is called Wood Post on this map.