Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What are they worth?

Beau Geste

I agree re estimate...£400 is a bit high for a trio and plaque these days. I just paid £375 for a RND trio and plaque for a Somme casualty, all in excellant condition. I would state £300 is about the going rate for trio and plaque these days, maybe £325.

TT

But we're not talking about a plaque and trio any more are we?

The group under consideration is a 1914/15 trio to a 1/24th London man who was wounded and then transferred to 2/24th London, with a certificate of discharge. A trio to the London's should easily make 100 GBP given the available papers and fact he was wounded. Not sure how much the certificate would bump up the price, but somewhere between 100-150 might be the right price unless two 24th London collectors go at it.

Matthew

Having trawled several sites from different dealers - high and low - Pairs with Plaques are averaging £275 at present. One dealer has a trio and plaque to a 'standard' infantry battalion for £420 and it's not the Somme or so on.

But the calculus has shifted in this case now anyway, he came back.

I agree re estimate...£400 is a bit high for a trio and plaque these days. I just paid £375 for a RND trio and plaque for a Somme casualty, all in excellant condition. I would state £300 is about the going rate for trio and plaque these days, maybe £325.

TT

"Plaque" Can you please explain. All I have been given are the 1914-15 trio of medals and a "Certificate of Demobilisation".

One other thing I haven't mantioned because it didn't seem relevant is that on the back of the certificate is a stamp (one of those a cashier of some sort creates by first pressing a pre-made cut stamp onto an ink laden tray) It has probably got nothing to do with it but it says , in capitals, BRIXTON and then"..........local office 43. Policy issued number A 603609 (or is it 003619) and then under the letter A is written 24.

Harry