Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

deano

Wharncliffe War Hospital, Sheffield

deano

Hello,

looking to compile a list of fomer Patients of said hospital, I have the names from the Roll of Honour that died there, also all the names that appear on the forum through using the search. Was wondering if, when your all trawling through Pension/Service records and see 'Wharncliffe War Hospital' pass on the details here of who it refers to please ?

Massive task, but someones got to do it !

The admission books no longer survive.

regards

Dean.

Kath

Hi Dean,

I put "Wharncliffe Hospital" in Keyword for Military search & got this:

http://search.ancest...yDeaths&indiv=1

Putting in "War Hospital" in Keyword gets more results - not necessarily Wharncliffe.

Kath.

Kath

Hi, Chris.

I'm worried in case links to Ancestry or FMP may be frowned on by the companies involved.

Or can they only be seen if you have a membership already?

Kath.

saw119

Don't worry Kath just checked and the links don't lead to the document if you're not a member just a holding page for subscription.

Kath

Whew,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you, saw119.

:)

Kath.

Dean, I've pm'd you.

I'm getting a few from British Newspapers.

Kath.

deano

Chris, I have Frank with your kind permission quite a few months ago. Tried PM'ing you the other day but yer PM folders full !! Would like the basic details for John Booth, 1st Camerons if that's ok please from the LLT ?

regards

Dean.

Jaynenumber1
On 18/11/2012 at 00:12, deano said:

Hello,

looking to compile a list of fomer Patients of said hospital, I have the names from the Roll of Honour that died there, also all the names that appear on the forum through using the search. Was wondering if, when your all trawling through Pension/Service records and see 'Wharncliffe War Hospital' pass on the details here of who it refers to please ?

Massive task, but someones got to do it !

The admission books no longer survive.

regards

Dean.

Hello Dean

Are you still able to lookup former Patients? I am interested in finding out about my granddad - Frederick Henry Golding - Are you able to help?

thank you

Jayne

deano

Hello Jayne, I don't have Frederick in any of my database's I'm afraid. Was he at Wharncliffe for sure ?

Dean.

Jaynenumber1

Hello Dean, A bit late replying to your post - sorry, but yes, I believe my granddad was at Wharncliffe, We have a treatment card that names the hospital as his place of discharge. Would you like any other details?We would be very interested to know how long he was at Wharncliffe and why he was there.

Jayne

Jayneedc5f227-b298-4e8f-b3ff-1c268df06a67.jpg.dc55bd6193179b83a903f13b574c6f31.jpg

Neill Gilhooley

Walter Scott, invalided home end of 1915 with a poisoned leg, to Wharncliffe War Hosp, Sheffield 5 Nov – visit slip Miss Jessie K. Mitchell 11 Nov 15. Furlough 30.12.15-8.1.16 Edinburgh – return Sheffield.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/rd/N13642891