Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

9th Battalion K.O.Y.L.I - War Diaries

TMH2012

Hello All,

I know have the War Diaries for the 9th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry (K.O.Y.L.I) from September 1915 to March 1919. The 9th Bn K.O.Y.L.I. where part of the 64th INFY BDE within the 21st Division in WW1. The total file size is 125Mb so I would have to send this via CD-ROM. I might be able to send the files individually if I zip them up.

Please send me an email if you are interested. Email: tonymartinhoyle@gmail.com

Regards,

Tony Hoyle

• 4 years later...

Hi Tony,

I am researching one of my great uncles who served with 9th Battalion KOYLI. He died on 1st July 1916 (first day of the Somme offensive). I've just come across your post regarding the war diaries for the 9th Battalion, & was wondering if you still have copies of the diaries available. I don't expect to find any personal information about him as he was a Private, but I would be interested to find out where his Battalion were located after they arrived in France & leading up to the Somme offensive. If you can help me with this request I would be most grateful & of course any costs I'll reimburse to you.

Regards

Tony Smith 

Tony H hasnt visited the forum since December 2012. Suggest you try to contact him at the email address he gives.

Of course, you could always download them yourself from Ancestry, if you have access to that,  or the National Archives wesbite (cost of the latter £3.50)

Hi John,

Many thanks for the update regarding Tony H & thanks for the information about the National Archives think I'll give them a try

Regards

Tony Smith

Try " From Pontefract to Picardy " - by Derek Clayton . History of 9th KOYLI in WW1