Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

Terry found his effects register and is send him on with that and the death certificate.

22 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Terry found his effects register and is send him on with that and the death certificate.

Which one Tom?

Day or Cunningham?

Sorry Dyfed, Day.

And another.

image.png.857af79342f8a6a3a37bf0581c2bcbf6.png

Silver War Badge   M/3534961  R A S C   Stephen Donnellan  enlisted 21/2/1917  discharged 8/6/1918 sickness.  Fold 3 has pension record.

bob

Thanks Dyfed and Bob. 

Could I please have a link to folder 3 Bob? I am not fully sure it is him as he is listed as Connaught Rangers. Perhaps folder 3 will help?

3 hours ago, little bob said:

Silver War Badge   M/3534961  R A S C   Stephen Donnellan  enlisted 21/2/1917  discharged 8/6/1918 sickness.  Fold 3 has pension record.

bob

Good find Bob,

Ancestry have got his ASC number wrong though, they were only 6 (maximum) digits after the prefix.

His MIC  spells his name 'Donellan' and gives his number as M/353496

Can't see any Service or Pension Record on Ancestry

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Stephen Dynan 5/3606 RMF

MIC

Silver War Badge SWB

No 407029 states he enlisted 2/8/08 and was discharged 27/4/18, Army Order 2 (a) (i). Aged 36y 269d

Again , no Service or Pension records on Ancestry.

Donnelan

https://www.fold3.com/image/1/645018593

WFA card - Discharged 8/6/18 with what looks like gem valgum whatever that is. Aggravated. 100% disability as at 1/1/20.

Dynan

https://www.fold3.com/image/645799123?xid=1022&_ga=2.47696036.282412971.1559752084-1160288830.1525181781&_gac=1.213061280.1558368952.EAIaIQobChMIirLb28Cq4gIVrZPtCh3sZwDXEAAYASAAEgLqo_D_BwE

But only gives cause of death. Not why discharged

edit

Bingo! for Dynan

https://www.fold3.com/image/645017313?xid=1022

VDH aggravated was cause of discharge

Edited by Mark1959

Thank you Dyfed.

A brilliant find Mark, that should nail it. I'll let you know as soon as I find out if he will go through.

Thanks again!! Great work.

Well done to all, Stephen has gone through!! If it was not for Marks folder 3 sheet, he would just me a soldier in my files.

Well done Mark!

Her records say:-

2nd. Western Gen. Hsp 23.1.16 - 23.2.18 1st. Lon. Gen. Hsp 26.11.18 - 20.6.19 Was notified in error that this member was deceased FEB Next of kin Rev. A. Egan Deceased 24/4/20 - crossed through This lady is not deceased 3-5-20.

Boy did they get that wrong...

Ignore the Red Cross record, that is an older Nurse and it looks like they mixed her up with our Kathleen Egan

There is an Effects record for her but just says died on that date and no family or other details

This lady indexed as Kate looks to be the correct one as she is from Borrisokane

https://vad.redcross.org.uk/Card?sname=egan&id=68140

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tipperary/Borrisokane/South_Street/836256/

Edited by Mark1959

Good man Mark, yes that is herself. I had the wrong one. Thank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Think we are still missing Cunningham, Doyle and Kelleher from page 86.

Cannot find anything extra on Kate Egan. 

In the margin for this one Tom it says:

In No.49, Col.3 for David Lane,Kanturk Road Co.Cork read "Revd. Daniel Patrick Lane, 6 Edgecombe Terrace, Stoke(?) Devonport, England". Corrected on the 27th July....

A naval man I  wonder?

Died August 7th 1920. Corrected 27th July?????

Death registered 10th December 1920.

Several of the other deaths on this page were registered in December also, despite having occurred in April, May, July & August.  I wonder why?

Census 1911 (? In Malta as a chaplain) states he was born in Castlemagner, Cork.

Interesting points Dyfed, Thank you very much. Double checking....

Looks like Gainsford is 32066 RDF. Address on WFA Card 17, Emmett St, Dublin. No other useful data.

His MIC shows his death date.

Hello Mark.

'several of the other deaths on this page were registered in December also, despite having occurred in April, May, July & August.  I wonder why?'

It beats me Mark, sorry.

Soldiers Effects   Pte 7924 Royal Dublin Fusiliers James Elligott  Discharged 4/9/1915  died 25/4/1918 monies to mother, Catherine. Fold 3 has pension record for same man.

Bob