Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

22 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

No pension record for Crean/Crane on Ancestry.

When was he discharged?

Discharged 20 Dec 18.

Craig

Service sheet on Find my Past. Next of Kin  sister, Margaret Burke, 11Lower Frances Street Limerick. Discharged 20/12/1918. Inflamation of Stomach.

Bob

Excellent finds lads, I had lost a little hope on him. Does the record say if he had T.B. and if it was caused by, or aggravated by service please?

Edited by museumtom

Sorry Tom nothing to help on Thomas Crane/Crean. Inflammation of stomach is all for discharge

George

George the chances of you finding him was minimal, well done! You were probably looking for Crean, in the army. Who would have though he would be Crane, in the R.A.F. Great work altogether. May thank to all concerned, I was able to find him, with your information in FMP.

Kind regards.

Tom.

18 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

No joy with this one Tom.

There's a service record for a John Crean of Cork 7763 RMF, discharged 1919, dysentry and bad teeth.

Maybe a relative.

Apologies for missing your post, thank you for looking, I appreciate it very much.

Noticed that-already made use of it!

George

Brilliant, thank you Dai.

Now this one is really frustrating. You think you have all the information but I still cannot find him. Not a sausage. Can you help please?:

1.JPG

1.JPG

1.JPG

24 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Now this one is really frustrating. You think you have all the information but I still cannot find him. Not a sausage. Can you help please?:

1.JPG

1.JPG

1.JPG

There are 3 ledger cards for him but this one confirms death was not due to something caused/aggravated by service - https://www.fold3.com/image/645238485

Craig

Craig that is amazing, how did you find this? Thank you very much, I just could not hack any of of nor could I find anything at all on him on FMP.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Craig, you are a marvel, how the 'eck do you do that? I have been at this hours and not a nibble. Thanks a million!

Kind regards.

Tom.

26 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Craig, you are a marvel, how the 'eck do you do that? I have been at this hours and not a nibble. Thanks a million!

Kind regards.

Tom.

A lot of the time just good luck Tom !

Craig

Great luck for me Craig!

2 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Great luck for me Craig!

4 leaf clovers, that what you need.

Any more men left ?

Craig

Thanks Craig, still trudging through them....

I am trudging through this one. I am sure they are the same man and am looking for the critical sheet, a critical readable sheet I should say that show me he qualifies. Still trudging, Craig, still trudging...

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f007280433%2f00229&parentid=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f7280433%2f11%2f197

1.JPG

Good man Craig, I did not think they could be associated but I had to check just in case. Again, thank you very much for all your help.

Kind regards.

Tom.

I am looking for the vital sheet that might show that this soldier was discharged mentally unfit, can you help please? It is not in FMP here

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f007273946%2f00832&parentid=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f7273946%2f65%2f813

An I am hoping it can be found somewhere else perhaps.

Kind regards.

Tom.

10 minutes ago, museumtom said:

I am looking for the vital sheet that might show that this soldier was discharged mentally unfit, can you help please? It is not in FMP here

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f007273946%2f00832&parentid=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f7273946%2f65%2f813

An I am hoping it can be found somewhere else perhaps.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Can't see anything on Ancestry that would help.

Craig

Thank you for trying Craig.

'Morning all! And we are away.

Nothing and no amount of jiggling the records finds this man. Can you help me please?

1.JPG