Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

What a great effort by all concerned, George, Craig and Dai. Thank you very much indeed. Sadly with Dai's last post it nails it, not caused by military service. That is so sad, the poor chap didn't have a lot going for him. He will be remembered with the Irish lads anyway.

Without your diligence and selfless help I would not have even got this far, thank you all again.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

I do my best not to annoy ye too much, most of the lads in the death certs I can handle on my own but now and then we come across really really hard to find lads and I desperately need an experienced eye, but I have a feeling that this man might be too difficult even for us. I did try, trust me, but he is not in FMP. I cannot find him in the Census, nor in the M.I.C's. He is not in the newspapers either. Can you help please? Why would a serving man died in the workhouse.

Any help you can provide, once again, please which be very much appreciated.]

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

14 minutes ago, museumtom said:

I do my best not to annoy ye too much, most of the lads in the death certs I can handle on my own but now and then we come across really really hard to find lads and I desperately need an experienced eye, but I have a feeling that this man might be too difficult even for us. I did try, trust me, but he is not in FMP. I cannot find him in the Census, nor in the M.I.C's. He is not in the newspapers either. Can you help please? Why would a serving man died in the workhouse.

Any help you can provide, once again, please which be very much appreciated.] 

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

9/10839 R Inniskilling Fusiliers in the effects - https://www.fold3.com/image/599644775?rec=619347494

CWGC - https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcript?id=GBM/CWGC/ROLLOFHONOUR/000126433

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

I am blushing, you left me red faced. You made that look sooooooooo easy. I have no excuse whatever, except to try and get away with being an ould fella and a bit doddery.

Thank you very much Mark and Craig. 

Kind regards.

Tom.

And we are away again. This one I cannot read, all I can get fro this is he was a Private in the South Irish Horse, from Clanbrassil Street, in Dublin. It could be Bryan, or Cryan, but I'm Tryan my best here. Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

OK I found him it was John Ryan. The registrar should be shot.

Thanks anyway folks!!

Kind regards.

Tom.

This lad should be easy, but I never post easy ones, well maybe one or two, but lets not bring that up.

He is from Ballinadrummin, which is in Wexford. There are no James Burkes from Wexford in FMP, can you please please? It looks potentially very good and I am hoping that he is a contender. Anything you cane do to help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Tom.,

1.JPG

Edited by museumtom

Discharged 1911 medically unfit nephritis

Looking for evidence

George

On FMP 

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbm%2fwo97%2f4455%2f113%2f004&parentid=gbm%2fwo97%2f4455%2f527231

George

His details

First name(s)James

Last name Burke

Birth year 1888

Birth parish Londonderry

Birth town Londonderry

Birth county Donegal

Birth country Ireland

Service number 26804

Regiment-

Year1907

Attestation date11 Jul 1907

Attestation age years19

Attestation age months2

Attestation service number26804

Attestation corps Royal Regt Of Arty (Royal Garrn Arty)

George

Only contender I can see but born in Londonderry?

George

Hello George, than you for all the help. Yes that is the man and the death reference would lead to the cert I posted. Feck, if he was discharged in 1911 he wont quality. You have a big heart, thank you for all your help.

Kind regards.

Tom.

No problem. Look forward to a new day and its challenges

George

Y'know they named a saint after you!

Back on track. I cannot find the required medical sheet for 10159, William Healy, Irish Guards to add him. He was discharged on 14/05/1917 and died two months later on 22/07/1917 at Peamount Sanitorium. . Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

Both Find my Past and Ancestry have the same four pages of William's record, the  page you require appears to be missing.

Bob

Such is life I am afraid, thank you very much indeed for looking Bob!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Here we go again. I cannot find this man, I tried all different perambulations but no hits. Its looks easy does it not? Please help, I cannot find him.

Thanking you very much in advance.

Tom.

1.JPG

Soldiers Effects gives RE 223291   411 Field Co 65 Div, widow Hannah

Not admissible for war gratuity. (= no overseas service ?)

Charlie

CWGC gives : Aged 27, Son of Mrs. Elizabeth Evans, of Penbane Velindre; husband of Hannah Davies, of Glyncaled, Pentrecourt, Llandyssul.

Edited by charlie962

Fantastic stuff Charlie, a great bit of sleuthing, well done. It was beyond me, where would I be without your support!.

Thanks again Charlie!

25 minutes ago, charlie962 said:

CWGC gives : Aged 27, Son of Mrs. Elizabeth Evans, of Penbane Velindre; husband of Hannah Davies, of Glyncaled, Pentrecourt, Llandyssul.

Not far from me, 15 miles maybe?

Should be Penbanc I would imagine.

Driven past the church many times, the road goes all round the churchyard!

Llangeler Church on Google Streetview

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

11 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Spooky eh Dai?

Next time I go past, I'll call in and see if it's a CWGC stone, or a private one.