Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

For Freeb sake, you are all very sharp in here. Well done to all the sleuths, it didn't phase any of you in the slightest.

Kind regards.

Tom.

There's no tricking you guys is there?

Good man George!

Edited by museumtom

I thank you

Guinness all round then

George

Are we talking virtual pints here lads? If so drink your fill!

Fingers crossed lads, he might qualify yet Keep 'em crossed, it's touch and go as I said t herself last night.

6 it is. Go for it lads.

And we are back on track. This guy  cannot find. He is from Patrick Street, Mullingar, County Westmeath. Can you help please, that is if you are finished your pints and priests.

I tried all the variables but not a sausage. Please help me!! I read it as William Mullins, but it could be something else completely.

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

3 minutes ago, museumtom said:

And we are back on track. This guy  cannot find. He is from Patrick Street, Mullingar, County Westmeath. Can you help please, that is if you are finished your pints and priests.

I tried all the variables but not a sausage. Please help me!! I read it as William Mullins, but it could be something else completely.

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

Is he this man ?

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/75194016/mullins,-/

Real name was Mullen - https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/899710/mullen,-william/

Craig

Yes Craig we are both on the same man. well done! and thank you kindly!

Sadly William will not make it through IFCP, but he will be remembered with the rest of the Irishmen. Thank you Craig.

Kind regards.

Tom.

'Mornin all!.

I hope no one has a hang over after our celebrations last evening with all the free virtual booze.

24628 Pte Murnane, Patrick, R.D.F.

Please help me with this one if you would. He was discharged with TB and died from it. In order to have him sent forward I need the document that show the T.B. was caused by or aggreviated by his service. I have not found that document in FMP and he has only one set of records in there as far as I can see.

His records on FMP without the vital doc-

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM/WO363-4/007397865/00274&parentid=GBM/WO363-4/7397865/12/274

1.JPG

Morning

Bad news...

George

Courtesy Ancestry

Feck, I was hoping...Good man George, now we can move on. Well found page, thank you George, you are a star!

Kind regards.

Tom.

FMP has this

Murphy Joseph—19161916Ireland's Memorial Record: World War 1: 1914-1918Kildare, Ireland

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/results?sourcecategory=armed+forces+%26+conflict&firstname=joseph&lastname=murphy&yearofbirth=1898&yearofbirth_offset=0&yearofdeath=1916&yearofdeath_offset=0&county=kildare&keywordsplace_proximity=5&sourcecountry=Ireland

but I need an upgrade to see it.

The other reference in FMP is to an Irish Republican Army man

and Ancestry this

Name: Joseph Murphy

Estimated birth year: abt 1898

Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1916

Death Age:18

Registration district: Celbridge

Volume:2

Page:349

FHL Film Number:0101606

George

Edited by George Rayner

Thanks George, but he died in France. It was worth a shot though. Thank you for trying, very much appreciated!

Kind regards.

Tom.

There are a lot of Joseph Murphys!

George

Sorry George, that's the hand we were dealt.

And a pretty fair hand considering who we are researching

George

Edited by George Rayner

Perhaps this might prove easier. He is not in FMP as far as I can see, believe me I have tried my best, but he must have had war service, and probably discharged with spinal problems. Can anyone help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

26 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Perhaps this might prove easier. He is not in FMP as far as I can see, believe me I have tried my best, but he must have had war service, and probably discharged with spinal problems. Can anyone help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

1.JPG

Youghal in Cork ?

Only possibility I could see so far is this man discharged in Feb 16 but  - https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F007266688%2F00322&parentid=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F7266688%2F27%2F322

This is the NoK address

image.png.f2a16b761c26368e6955fd2b85325a0f.png

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252