Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Corporal/Sgt. Louis E Enders RAMC

Paddy 60th

A friend of mine who doesn't have access to the internet has a medal trio to Louis E. Enders 12142 and is trying to find out more re. his service history. It is thought that this soldier also fought in the Boer War and was awarded medals in that campaign but he has no more info re. this. I would be grateful if any Forum members can help.

Roger

He was with the 17th General Hospital (previously 4th Stationary Hospital) in South Africa as Private & L/Cpl (appointed 15 Dec 1901) under number 12142. He had joined 4 Stationary Hospital on 8 Jan 1900.

It is thought that this soldier also fought in the Boer War and was awarded medals in that campaign but he has no more info re. this.

As already shown he did indeed serve during the Second Anglo-Boer War. His medal entitlement for that campaign was QSA with clasps Tugela Heights, Relief of Ladysmith, Laing's Nek, Cape Colony & Transvaal and the KSA with clasps South Africa 1901 & South Africa 1902.

Regards

Steve

Thanks everybody for the very quick responses and the information which I will pass on.

Regards, Roger