Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

7th Bat'n A&S Highlanders History 1907 to 1918

ianocon

I noticed from another posting the mention by "Roughdiamond" that there is a book dealing with the history of the 1st/7th Btns A&SH.

Is the book available to purchase? If so I'd appreciate info on title, publisher etc. so that I can buy it.

My Grandfather John O'Connell 1194 was with the 7th in the period 1907 to 1915. .

I have details of his attestation, MIC etc. and some helpful info about time in Bedford provided from this forum, but no details of what went on with the Bat'n during the war. I'd like to read the Bat'n story - peacetime activities if they are covered but particularly after the war started in the period between1914 and May 1915 when he was discharged wounded.

The book isn't available to buy AFAIK, my copy was given to my Uncle by the Colonel in charge of the Argyll's museum 30 years ago, it only covers the Bn's War years from 1914 to 1919. I'm at work, but when I get home I'll post the details of the publisher.

Sam

The book is: 7th Battalion Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders The Great War 1914 - 1919.

The publishers details:

Robert Cunningham & Sons Ltd

Longbank Works

Alva

Scotland

Sam

I think my Great Uncle, Andrew Crichton was in the 7th A&SH. He was in the A&SH TA Battalion in Alloa before the war. He was wounded in 1915. I think a mine had exploded and buried him alive. After a long spell at Ripon he transferred to the RAF as a Rigger in 1918.