Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
ddycher

National Reserve List

ddycher

All

Does anyone know if there was ever a definitive National Reserve list published ? I am trying to identify each of the 15 districts in Devon.

Regards

Dave

Graham Stewart

Can't remember if I've directed you to these two links before and apologies if I have. Regarding 'lists' of NR units, then may I suggest, you try and find if the 'Minute Books' of Devon Territorial Force Association still survive as generally, this is where you will find information on the NR. Infromation may also exist in local Devonshire newspapers.

http://armyservicenumbers.blogspot.com/2009/03/national-reserve-regulations-1911.html

http://armyservicenumbers.blogspot.com/2009/03/national-reserve-regulations-1913.html

ddycher

Thanks Graham.

From the local papers (atleast those Digitised) I have only as yet identified 4 of the 15. Plan to get to the minute books next time I am in the UK.

As always appreciate the help.

Regards

Dave

ddycher

Back looking at this after a number of years away and am now able to flush out 9 of the 15 districts. Never did get a chance to get to the UK to find the DTFA Minute Books ref'd by Graham above.

Anybody have any new pointers on the National Reserve ?

Regards

Dave