The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Strange noise at Oppy Wood

Bellflower

Walking around the edge of Oppy Wood today ( LOTS of craters and trench remains in there )I could here this faint knocking noise ,like someone banging in a fence post or similar. It followed me all round the wood. There was nobody in the wood or the surrounding fields apart from me. I keep an open mind on this sort of thing when wandering around the woods over here, as do a lot of people on here from what I have read in the past.

When I got back to the Mitsi all became clear. I had a 3/4 full bottle of water in my back pack and it was the sound of it slopping about.................

LMAO, sorry to laugh but dang. I thought I was the only one who did things like this.

Walking around the edge of Oppy Wood today ( LOTS of craters and trench remains in there )I could here this faint knocking noise ,like someone banging in a fence post or similar. It followed me all round the wood. There was nobody in the wood or the surrounding fields apart from me. I keep an open mind on this sort of thing when wandering around the woods over here, as do a lot of people on here from what I have read in the past.

When I got back to the Mitsi all became clear. I had a 3/4 full bottle of water in my back pack and it was the sound of it slopping about.................

I am disappointed! i thought a good story was coming. Have been expecting at least a couple after the battlefield touring season!

H.C.

Are you sure it was water in the water bottle, didn't have a golden brown tinge to it by any chance ? :devilgrin:

Are you sure it was water in the water bottle, didn't have a golden brown tinge to it by any chance ? :devilgrin:

Definitely water, as I'm driving and haven't bought one of those breathalyser kits yet !

Funny but that reminds me of when myself and 4 other guys visited Poland. Well it was February it was -25C and we were the only people (daft enough?) walking the length of Berkenau camp (Auschwitz 2)

We could hear a little bell sounding as we walked along.....when we stopped it stopped too....Most odd, but after half an hour of thinking we were being 'haunted' we tracked the noise down to my mates water bottle in his back pack...The water had started to freeze and was clinking about. The mind does strange things