Jump to content
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Naval Division Research

Ken Lees

Recommended Posts


Look on the National Archives web site, under Documents Online, Royal Navy, you will see they have RND service records. These can be very comprehenvsie records. If your man was RN or RNVR then look under the records for those organisations as well. You can check his medal entitlement on Ancestry

Do you have the name & number of the man you want to research?

Regards, Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for all of the above responses.

Steve, I have a name - Able Seaman R/3713 John Alfred Bailey, who died of wounds 5th Jan. 1918.

I was making the enquiry on behalf of someone who asked if I could clarify the apparent discrepancies discussed in this thread: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185204

That made me realise that I have never tried to research a man of the RND, hence the reason for this thread, for future reference. As a result of the suggestions above I have more chance of appearing to know what I'm talking about if I am asked again. :whistle:

Thanks again,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...