Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Medal

royalredcross

I am coming towards the end of a small book on the award of the Military Medal to women. I have a number of photographs to include, but am still missing a great number. Is there anyone out there who might have any of the following OR know where one might be located ??

Batten, Brain, Brompton, Broome, Campell MG, Cross, Cuthbert, Davis, Dewhurst Evans, Fabling, Galvin, Garrett. Gordon-Brown, Hansen, Hawkins, herrignton, King GV, Lowe, McGrath, McNair, Mahoney, Mellor Pennell, Trotter, Williams JM.

Many thanks

Norman Gooding

• 2 months later...

Would love to get a copy of the book Norman

Gerry

Thanks David and Gerry.

The photos on the QARANC website are taken from the roll compiled by Col. Leslie in the 1920s. He intended to publish it in parts with about 8 winners in each part. Unfortunately he ceased after about 5 parts, probably because he ran out of money.

I have all the photos published and fortunately a number of others which were sent to Leslie but which were not published. It is really the ones listed above which I need and will probably now never get.

Book may surface in 2013 Gerry, if my publisher is well enough to continue.

Norman

Norman

I've come across one of Kate Lowe leaving Buckingham Palace after receiving her RRC in 1918 - you might already have it, but if not let me know.

Sue

• 9 months later...

The book is finally out. It's a print on demand version so not many copies. All 246 women who won the MM covered and around 80% with a photo. Anyone interested it' on the website of Savannah. (savannahpublications.com)

Now on to the next !!!

Norman