Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Quinn's Post - info board & web site

michaeldr

Looks good so far. Hope it cab continue to grow.

Jonathan

Looks good. I love the artwork. Really helps to picture the position.

Mike

Mike

the art work is fantstic in its detail, with a main illustration and four enlarged sections showing aspects of life on the front line, on both sides

I have some photographs of my own, but having met one of the guys behind this idea, I do not want to step on any toes and will be very happy when the web-site is fully operational.

All the best

Michael

• 2 months later...

Hello Michael,

I am the guy behind the idea, when did we meet ? :)

Mike

the art work is fantstic in its detail, with a main illustration and four enlarged sections showing aspects of life on the front line, on both sides

I have some photographs of my own, but having met one of the guys behind this idea, I do not want to step on any toes and will be very happy when the web-site is fully operational.

All the best

Michael

I am the guy behind the idea

Hello Tan,

I was there in September last.

However, I am fairly sure that the gentleman who was introduced as being behind the new board at Quinn's was a local historian, while I see that you are based in Istanbul.

Presumably there was a division of labour between the board and the web-site?

best regards

Michael

Hello Michael

Thank you for your reply, yes we have historians from Canakkale on our team of multi-national advisors for the film we are making and the board is just a part of our promotional book for the film. You must have met Sahin Aldogan or Kenan Celik whom live there and happen to be the most knowledgeable people about the Gallipoli battlefields. I am glad you enjoyed the drawing, the finished website will feature a 3d model of the position and you will be able to walk through the cramped trenches of Quinn's Post. We plan to make the website online along with the release of the film 'The Last Post' on March 2015. You have mentioned that you had some photos of the board, please feel free to share them here if you please, cheerio!

Tan

www.disiplin.com

www.thelastpost-movie.com

Tan,

It’s good to hear from you and to learn about the plans which you have

What we have seen so far is certainly a very promising start; congratulations

I look forward to seeing future developments both on-line and, God willing, on site

Michael

Dear Michael

Thank you for your blessings, hopefully it wont be long until we make a press release and I would be more comfortable to talk about our future plans and side projects apart from the film, but do expect some big surprises from us in the Gallipoli Peninsula and in Australia as well!

Best regards

Tan

• 1 year later...

Major Quinn --John Quinn ,father of Hugh born in Pomeroy County Tyrone--he emigrated to Australia in 1881. John married Mary Irwin and they had 2 sons. Hugh was born on 6th May 1888. Educated at Millchester State School, Charters Towers and the Southport Church of England Grammar School for Boys (Dixon's) Queensland.

As joint author of the book Cookstown War Dead the above is a short extract from the book--Cookstown is an area in Co.Tyrone, which includes Pomeroy.

The full autobiography can be seen on the website Cookstown War Dead.

Wesley Wright