Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

royal garrison artilery special reserve

Guest mal56

Hi can anybody please help, im looking for lieut william henry westhead, service number 37770, who was awarded the Belgian Croix De Guerre in 1919, and was trying to find out what he did to receive this medal. after the war he stayed with the TA until the WW2.

I will be going to the nation archives in a few weeks to see what i can find but any information will help

if you could help i would be very grateful

mal

Mal

Not quite the answer to your question but the London Gazette issue 30769 published 25 June 1918 notes that " 2 Lts. to be Lt. W H Westhead 20December 1917."

London Gazette issue 31615 published 21 October 1919 "Ordre de la Couronne avec Croix de Geurre Chavalier Lt. W.H.Westhead Royal Garrison Artillery (Special Reserve)

Bob

Mal

Not quite the answer to your question but the London Gazette issue 30769 published 25 June 1918 notes that " 2 Lts. to be Lt. W H Westhead 20December 1917."

London Gazette issue 31615 published 21 October 1919 "Ordre de la Couronne avec Croix de Geurre Chavalier Lt. W.H.Westhead Royal Garrison Artillery (Special Reserve)

Bob

Thanks for your reply, i have the London Gazetta supplement for 24 october 1919 where there is a mention of him being awarded the medal, but will look at the other entries, i am hoping that a visit to the archives in Kew will turn up with something.

many thanks

Mal