The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anybody have Bean's History of Australia in the war?

Tom W.

I have downloaded much of the history. The photos are not high resolution but black and white with the half tones faithfully reproduced in white on white! So if you want your high-res scan, your post #1 request is still the best option. The link you need is http://www.awm.gov.au/histories/first_world_war/.

Cheers,

Bill

I have downloaded much of the history. The photos are not high resolution but black and white with the half tones faithfully reproduced in white on white! So if you want your high-res scan, your post #1 request is still the best option. The link you need is http://www.awm.gov.a...irst_world_war/.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks. I looked at it, and the quality is very bad.

I don't think anyone will have an original copy of Beans' history as from memory they cost several thousand dollars second hand when ever they come up

for sale. Another solution could be if you e-mail the AWM direct and enquire whether they have the photos in their library and, if so, will they release a copy

for you. Worth a try, at least the worst answer is no. Cheers

I don't know if it is a period photograph you are after but have you seen this link here ?

And here: http://commons.wikim...rlandMortar.jpg

And this could be the email address for photographs at the AWM:

photographs@awm.gov.au

CGM

Thanks very much. The AWM charges outrageous usage fees, so I've decided to draw the Garland. Here's my rough sketch. I'll clean it up later.

Thanks, everybody, for your help.

post-7020-0-96573200-1347428935_thumb.jp

Thanks very much. The AWM charges outrageous usage fees, so I've decided to draw the Garland. Here's my rough sketch. I'll clean it up later.

Thanks, everybody, for your help.

I have Bean, but the photo is small (a v small inset in a bigger photo); if you still want it, let me know and I shall try and get it done asap - which might mean a few days!

I have Bean, but the photo is small (a v small inset in a bigger photo); if you still want it, let me know and I shall try and get it done asap - which might mean a few days!

If you could scan it at 1200 dpi and e-mail it to me, I'd be forever in your debt.

I don't think anyone will have an original copy of Beans' history as from memory they cost several thousand dollars second hand when ever they come up

for sale.

Good grief! I got mine for about £150 fifteen years ago!

• 1 month later...

I can see the 12 vols first edition, are around £700, on their own £40-90 ish, i agree I only paid around £20 each when i lived in Aus about 10 years ago

matt