Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieutenant Kenneth Nugent Simner, Royal Engineers, Photo Request

marksimner

I am looking for a photo of a distant relative of mine who served in both the First and Second World Wars. His name is Lieutenant Kenneth Nugent Simner of the Royal Engineers. Kenneth died in 1948, after rising to the rank of Brigadier and receiving an OBE, and is buried in Brookwood Military Cemetery. I have a photo of his grave and other research but a photo of him still eludes me.

Perhaps one of the RE experts on here might know of any photos?

Thank you all in advance!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you tried the Royal Engineers Museum? I would have thought that they should have a photo of him in their photographic archives.

I haven't got their contact details, but if you do Google search this should come up.

Good Luck,

Robert

Thanks, Robert! I have sent them an email and await a reply. They seem to prefer you to visit the archives or hire a private researcher so I suspect I won't get a yes or no answer. If not I will see if someone can take a look on my behalf.

Mark

Mark,

You may find a photograph with his obituary in a local newspaper, or perhaps even in the Times.

Regards,

Alf McM

Good thinking, Alf! I should have known this being as I have researched numerous soldiers in the past. I think him being a relative has somehow thrown me a little.

Off to the newspapers I go :)

Mark

• 10 years later...
  • Admin

Welcome to the forum. @marksimner hasn’t visited the forum for a few years. My tag may alert them to your post.