Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

7th London Battalion (Shiny 7th)

advanceddiver

I'd like to know if there is a museum or association linked with this battalion, in order to trace service records. The sites offering WW1 service records do not have my relative listed.

Hi A/D,

It may well be that your relative's service records were amongst those destroyed by enemy bombing during WW2 and I am not sure if there is an association or museum for the 7th Londons. Hopefully somebody will be able to direct you in the right direction.

If you post your relative's details on here, name, number, rank and any other details, then there is a good chance that someone may be able to help you.

Good luck,

Robert

As Robert has mentioned, if you cant find his service papers, chances are they do not exist. Worth posting his details though, you will be surprised what some Pals are capable of finding when offered a challenge. Im pretty certain that there is a section devoted to the 7th in the museum at the Tower of London which I seem to remember is viewed by appointment? You could try the regimental diaries at Kew or better still follow the Amazon link above and purchase the Digby Planck book on the history of the seventh (which would be my advice).

Regards

Sean.