Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Breakfast in Ypres

Chris Best

A small party of us will be in Ypres for 3 nights in mid-November. Our accommodation deal is really good but in-house breakfast is £13+ a head per meal. Can anyone suggest premises offering a decent continental breakfast at a reasonable price?

Cheers

Chris

Hello Chris,

Depending on what time of the day you arrive in Ieper (Ypres), a walk along to the Grote Markt restaurants will give you an idea for breakfast at considerably less than £13+ a head - if all you want is coffee and croissants. I would recommend checking out the zVeert.

Have a good trip

John

VMT, John. We'll be arriving tea-timeish, so sould be able to combine breakfast with dinner recce before the Gate Ceremony. Will definitely look at zVeert.

Chris

look for "'t zweerd"

sabine

Thanks, Sabine.

Had a look at its web site, but doesn't seem to offer breakfast. I'm sure we'll find somewhere once there.

Chris

Hi Chris

You can be certain of breakfast at the Taverne Central - on the corner of the square and Dixmuidestraat. I think it will cost you €8,50. It is not described as 'breakfast' on the menu, but you simply tell the waiter what you want - eggs, bacon, toast, etc., and they will prepare it for you.

Bob