Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Armagh men Henderson Royal Flying Corps

ARMAGH

Hello Capt Hobb

This is very interesting I did not know about the McLoughlin cousins, L/Cpl Robert Hugh McLoughlin who died on 18th Oct 1916,you say they were born at Tirnascobie Kildarton I checked the 1901 & 1911 Census, not on the census. if I can prove that Robert Hugh McLoughlin was born in Kildarton then he can be included on the www.armaghwarmemorial.com I am a researcher on the site.

I am also researching those who served and survived the war in Co Armagh,so if you could supply details of William McLoughlin then I can add to the list that I have.

Many thanks for your help,sorry for the delay in the reply.

Joe

There is also

MacLAUGHLIN, ALEXANDER WILSON

Date of Death: 29/10/1917

Regiment/Service: 1st Sqdn Royal Flying Corps

Memorial ARRAS FLYING SERVICES MEMORIAL

Additional Information:

Son of the Rev. David MacLaughlin, Ph.D., and Annie MacLaughlin, of Druminnis Manse, Armagh.

Joe

• 1 year later...

Hello Capt Hobb

This is very interesting I did not know about the McLoughlin cousins, L/Cpl Robert Hugh McLoughlin who died on 18th Oct 1916,you say they were born at Tirnascobie Kildarton I checked the 1901 & 1911 Census, not on the census. if I can prove that Robert Hugh McLoughlin was born in Kildarton then he can be included on the www.armaghwarmemorial.com I am a researcher on the site.

I am also researching those who served and survived the war in Co Armagh,so if you could supply details of William McLoughlin then I can add to the list that I have.

Many thanks for your help,sorry for the delay in the reply.

Joe

Hello Capt Hobb

From the Armagh Gazette date 19 July 1945 I came across a Col Tom Henderson who died in the Philippine's in 1945 he was a brother of RH Henderson CMG Johannesburg I am looking details on Tom as his name should be recorded on Armagh War memorial records. I have seen RH Henderson painting in Armagh County Museum also there is a copy of his book which he presented in 1944

Joe