Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wisbech Post Office Memorial

SteveB

Hi,

If anyone is in the Wisbech area, would you be able to help me with a photograph of the War memorial in the Post Office please?

I'm particularly looking for a photo of the name Percy Reginald Kimmons.

Grateful for any help that can be offered.

Cheers

SteveB

Good morning everyone,

Does anybody have any photo's of 325753- CSM Harry Betts MC DCM & Bar ? He was a cousin of my Grandfather. I recently went to see his grave at Beacon Cemetary, Sailly - Laurette. France. A picture of him would be really splendid.

With many thanks in anticipation

Paul Betts. Norfolk.

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for the article, photo's and your swift reply. Thats definitely him - same family eyes !

With Best Wishes

Paul & Family

Hi Paul

There is a member here with the user name of 'HarryBettsMCDCM'. Any relation of yours?

Surely too much of a co-incidence and maybe he will have more information

He may not spot this, if he comes in because the name of the person you're interested in, isn't in the subject line but if you look through the members list and find him, I think you have now made enough posts to be able to send him a Private Message (Edit: I tried to send him a message pointing out this thread to him, but this came up 'The member HarryBettsMCDCM cannot receive any new messages', maybe his box is full. You could always edit the subject line to include the name Harry Betts and he may spot it)

Caryl

Hi Caryl,

Many thanks for that information - I will give it a try ! - The person with his user name must be a closer relative than I !

Best Wishes

Paul

I don't think Roger (HarryBettsMCDCM) is a relative, but I suspect he knows more about him than anybody else!

Steve.

HI Dave,

Excellent, got it! Thanks for that, very appreciated.

SteveB

Certainly not a relative but I have lived in the same Village as HB did and along with Cliff Brown and others have been researching this heroic Fenland lad for the past twenty five or so years, I did many years ago have several conversations with Harry's Late Brother. who lived in March