Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kepi? Belgian?

MikeS0000

Hello Gents!

Well, that's what it is supposed to be. I have a feeling it may be post-war, but it should display well whatever period, but will appreciate anyone's thoughts!

Best regards!

- Mike

post-23621-0-24219300-1341851056_thumb.j

Front view

post-23621-0-58666600-1341851164_thumb.j

Any markings in it?

I have a feeling that its a civil kepi (quite possibly fire brigade and Luxembourger) dating from the 1940's.

Dave

Such type of kepi's were worn by workers of Waterworks, electricityworks, gasworks,lock-keepers, telephone and telegraphworks... ect . In those days such guys wore a uniform. Have a similar kepi myself ( without 3 stripes and number) but I don't know its meaning. :blush:

If you want to, I can put it on the ABL forum which has now a non- military uniform subforum. There are a lot of collector's of head-dress among the users. With a little luck someone knows the kepi which is shown in the first post.

kind regards,

Jef

Thanks Gentlemen!

Jef - Would very much appreciate your checking on the other Boards.

Best Regards!

- Mike

Thanks again Jef. Been following with the trusty Google translator. Sounds, if the interpretation is correct, that there are no solid answers yet. However, as Dave asked, there are markings in the cap. What I have so far is: "

"Uniformes d Officiere Aus Der Au,Heiniger"

But it is not here yet so I don't know if there may be more. If so, will post any as soon as it arrives. May answer some questions.

- Mike

Thanks again Jef. Been following with the trusty Google translator. Sounds, if the interpretation is correct, that there are no solid answers yet. However, as Dave asked, there are markings in the cap. What I have so far is: "

"Uniformes d Officiere Aus Der Au,Heiniger"

But it is not here yet so I don't know if there may be more. If so, will post any as soon as it arrives. May answer some questions.

- Mike

That's correct Mike, so far no solid answers. But as far as I'm concerned it's a civilian kepi. But we will wait, there might turn up better answers.

Jef

PHoto of insides. There is a monogram and printing, but can't tell what.

post-23621-0-91497000-1342113650_thumb.j

PHoto of insides. There is a monogram and printing, but can't tell what.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for showing the inside of the kepi. Some users of the ABL forum were asking to see the inside, in this way I copied the pic and put it on the ABL forum. Is there a chance to see a more detailed pic of the monogram and the printing? This might be important to ID.

Jef

Hi Jef -

Thanks so much. That's the best I can do for now using the seller's picture. Will post a better picture and details when it arrives.

Best Regards!

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Finally arrived. Hard to make out, but the first line looks to be French or a deriviative. The logo is hard to make out, but looks like a pair of crossed swords at the bottom and possibly a crown with leaves on the sides...?

Thanks for looking!

- Mike

post-23621-0-00976600-1342922549_thumb.j

Hello Mike,

I have put the pic on the forum, so far no answer.

Jef

Thank you Jef!

It will be interesting to see if anyone recognizes it. Or perhaps, this one will remain a mystery. I've been using the Google translator, but it is only 'so good' and some of the translation is quite funny. Do you know if anyone has suggested a time period for the kepi?

Best regards!

- Mike

Hello Mike,

So far no crystalclear answers. The last pic shows a maker mark. Some manufacturers made kepi's for military as well as for civilian purpose, in this way I'm afraid it won't help to identify. But I still hope someone knows this headdress.

Jef