Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Is there an online price guide for WW1 Victory medal

Guest tazznz

Gidday all: Is there an Online Price Guide for WW1 victory medals. I am looking at a French Medal (Morlon) in original box etc for about $72us , now is this about right for a price or is it a bit expensive i am also looking at getting a book by Alexander J. Laslo that may help me in my research ....

Cheers

Scott

Tazznz,

Probably depends upon the condition of the medal, and on occasion you find that a medal goes way above its normal price when a bidder wants

that particular one for a particular reason. I would have a look at the British Medal Forum (or even join, it's free) where a lot of knowledgeable guys/gals

with a passion for medal reside.

But the British Medals Forum does not allow discussions of French medals; only British and Commonwealth medals. Dick Flory

The price on auction sites depend on what you and the underbidder are willing to pay. From a dealer in the UK they go for around £20-25 unboxed, sometimes less, I saw one for £16 a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't pay a premium for a box because personally I don't think it adds value.

The thread on the GIMC about the Interallied Victory Medals is well worth looking into, be sure to register so you can see the many images provided by the posters.

Regards,

Joseph

But also be aware that there are and have been for years many very good copies of the rarer VM's, the issue I have with that is that they have been in collections for 25+ years and gained a false provenance.