Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2013 - all speakers now announced

AlanCurragh

The fourth annual Great War Forum conference will be at the Tally Ho in Birmingham again, on 13th April 2013 with the same format as the previous conferences - five speakers, starting at 10.30, finishing at 5.30, followed by dinner. The five speakers are -

Peter Barton - "La Boisselle: Archaeology, History, Technology and Genealogy"

Simon Justice - "Drawing the Line: British Plans for Defence of the Western Front 1917-18"

Peter Hart - "1914 - the French at War"

Richard Van Emden - "Boy Soldiers of the Great War"

Matthias Strohn - "Gibraltar on the Western Front: Ernst Jünger and the 73rd Fusilier Regiment in the Great War"

The cost will be £27 per person, covering the conference, lunch and tea and coffee. Dinner will be £23.

As with last year's event, pals will be more than welcome to bring along books to sell, or any display material you have.

Please can you let me know you want to attend, by the payment of a £10 deposit. You can make your deposit either via a cheque or by using the Paypal link - details of both are here, and can also be accessed by the link in my signature -

http://1914-1918.inv...howtopic=169635

Any questions, please let me know

Many thanks

Alan

Great,count me in.

Anthony.

no reason at the moment why I can't be there. In my diary

cheers Martin B

Given the date you have to include something on the taking of Vimy Ridge (13 April 1917). The start of Battle of Bailleul (Lys) (13 April 1918) was already covered this year. And we can have a drink to toast Bolivia breaking off diplomatic relations with Germany (13 April 1917) - must have had the Kaiser quivering in his boots!

Now in my diary.

Keith

Excellent news. In the diary.

Roger

When I get a diary it will be the first entry.

When do you want my deposit?

("and mine!!!"...Ayesha)

Bruce

Excellent news, its in the diary. Thanks Alan

Alan

Thats great news for me as it shouldn't clash with the other hobby, like it did this year, count me in

Malcolm

Alan

Thats great news for me as it shouldn't clash with the other hobby, like it did this year, count me in

Malcolm

Well if you will persist with Dwile Flonking (or is Madam Horsewhip having an annual conference?)

I shall be there too.

Andy

Oh go on then, put us down too :D

For a moment there Kim I thought you said put me down for two - as in simultaneous glasses of wine :lol:

Curious Pete

Is this an admission the rumours are true Mr H? :o

For a moment there Kim I thought you said put me down for two - as in simultaneous glasses of wine :lol:

As if I'd do something like that :lol::lol:

Great the Hockey season should be finished by that date so I will be booking my place.

Annette

• 5 months later...

Advance notice that I'll be posting more details about the conference very soon - including a request for deposits to book your place.....

Tally ho!

The Forum led the way - we have had the Gallipoli Association conference there in August. The WFA President's conference is there on November 3.

David - it's right next to Edgbaston cricket ground, in Birmingham

Alan

And surrounded by police training facilities. So if your face is on a wanted list best not to come!