Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/7th Bn Duke of Wellington's attack at Taultain

munchkin

Simon,

Had a look for you Nothing on Edgar Mudd, but Arthur Downing he died on the same day as my G-Grandfather and in the same Bn and Regt. I have loads of info about that particular day. If you want it let me know.

Hey Munchkin, that'd be fantastic. Shall we do a swap? I'll get my end together early next week (working all weekend).

This is great, let's see what we can cobble together!

StarOffice actually.... notepad and wordpad otherwise. I think Star can read Word files... can't see why not. Well I say that now, just wait until blue smoke issues from the monitor. How about pdf or is that getting too complicated?

Marvellous - I'm working the weekend so will probably get back to you (here) Monday p.m.

• 1 year later...
Guest Andrewmead
Glynn,Hi,

Im hoping you can help me Ref the 7th DoWs! do you know anything about one Lt.George Patrick Doggett,Commissioned from the 1/1st Cambridgeshire Regimet TF,into the 7th West Riding Regt,who died of wounds in July 1917{@ Home}& with regards to the above posted Group photograph have you any idea when it may have been taken & who the officers might be???

Thanks in anticipation Regards Roger{HBMCDCM}

What is your interest in George Patrick Doggett? He was my first cousin twice removed (brother of my godmother, Grace) I have a liitle info on him, including a photo of him and two brothers, in uniform.

Andrew

• 8 years later...

I realize that this topic is 10 years old but I will will give it a go!

Lt George Patrick Doggett is my great uncle. I will retire in 3 months and plane to research his involvement in ww1. So if anyone has anything beyond the information in this topic, I and my family would be very interested. I will also be investigating Francis Augustus Bradey Doggett. He was commissioned from the Cambridgeshire regiment to the west riding regiment in Jan 1916.

Thank you in advance!

P.s. Any advice on were to start, good guides and links would be wonderful. I look forward to the jounary ahead!

Michael S. Contratto