Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Foreign Propaganda Unit

Pat R

My great uncle was invalided out of the Inns of Court OTC in 1916, and appointed secretary to Sir Roderick Jones, head of the foreigh propaganda unit in the war office. He subsequently ended up in Russia, in the war department for the Russian Imperial Government until the revolution, when he returned to the war office in the Dutch and Russian departments.

I'm new to this, could somebody explain how I go about finding out about his war career?

If I've put this in the wrong forum I apologise - could somebody put it where it should be?

Best wishes

Pat R

My great uncle was invalided out of the Inns of Court OTC in 1916, and appointed secretary to Sir Roderick Jones, head of the foreigh propaganda unit in the war office. He subsequently ended up in Russia, in the war department for the Russian Imperial Government until the revolution, when he returned to the war office in the Dutch and Russian departments.

I'm new to this, could somebody explain how I go about finding out about his war career?

If I've put this in the wrong forum I apologise - could somebody put it where it should be?

Best wishes

Pat R

Pat,

Welcome to the Forum.

What is the name of your Great Uncle ?

Regards,

LF

Pat i did not see your other post until after i answered this there are service records for your man a link is on other post they are not seperated to well from the next man so read carefully.john

Thank you for your help everybody.

My great uncle was Percy Corner, b1892. After working for Sir Roderick Jones, he was sent to the war office of the Russian Imperial government, and served in Russia until the revolution. He came back and was assigned to the Dutch section of the war office, and then the Russian section. In 1919 at the Peace Conference, he was responsible for presenting the President of the US, Woodrow Wilson, to the Royal family.

Are there any records, and where do I look to find out more? the above came from an old newspaper clipping.

Best wishes

Pat R

Thank you for your help everybody.

My great uncle was Percy Corner, b1892. After working for Sir Roderick Jones, he was sent to the war office of the Russian Imperial government, and served in Russia until the revolution. He came back and was assigned to the Dutch section of the war office, and then the Russian section. In 1919 at the Peace Conference, he was responsible for presenting the President of the US, Woodrow Wilson, to the Royal family.

Are there any records, and where do I look to find out more? the above came from an old newspaper clipping.

Best wishes

Pat R

Pat,

There are members, who I know will help you with your Great Uncle's military service history.

Here is a link to a period publication on the work of the British Propaganda Department -

www.psywar.org/psywar/reproductions/TimesWWIPropaganda

Leo