Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Locating a WW1 medal

stumac1

Hi there I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to locate a WW1 military medal sold by a shop in Chester in 2004. I am looking for a Military Medal won by my grandfather T E Trotter (there is only one TE Trotter on the war records) he was in the Machine Gun Corps. I have approached the shop and he has no sale records dating back as far as 2004 and for obvious privacy reasons even if he had any details he could not divulge the name of the recipient. I am watching ebay. I have thought of contacting all the medal shops and auction houses who deal with them. Has any one seen or heard where this medal is now our family would like this back. Any bright ideas from any one would be appreciated

Many thanks

Stumac1

Stumac,

British Medal Forum would be your best bet, its got a lot of people from the collectors circuit on there and if it has passed through a few hands they may well be able to point you in the right direction :thumbsup:

Hi stumac 1,

Try placing a 'wanted to buy'' ad in a medal/militaria magazine, I would offer a significant premium on the normal value.

good luck

khaki

Try placing and add in Medal News - they have a medal tracker section - http://www.medaltracker.com/

Hope you are successful in your search. thumbsup.png

Stumac1, all of the above are good ideas you should try, on the thread link i started, it has hopefully produced a wonderful result with

the location of a family members medals, Wyndham told me he just googled David's name, reg and number and

came up with a hit on TGWF and it should reunite the medals with there family.

So input the name and details in title bar and you never know your luck.

I wish you goodluck in locating medal.

Walter

• 5 years later...

the original poster hasnt been back to the forum for 6 years

the original poster hasnt been back to the forum for 6 years - might be worth sending them a message

15 minutes ago, karty said:

Hi stumac,

I realise this post is 6 years down the line, but I do know the whereabouts of your Grandfathers medal.

karty, I will send stumac1 an email asking them to revisit this thread.

Roy

On 18/01/2018 at 16:29, Roy Evans said:

karty, I will send stumac1 an email asking them to revisit this thread.

Roy

Hello I am the Grandson of Thomas Edward Trotter of the Machine Gun Corps I believe that you may know the where about's of his Military Medal? How do I get in touch with the person who may have this?

39 minutes ago, stumac1 said:

Hello I am the Grandson of Thomas Edward Trotter of the Machine Gun Corps I believe that you may know the where about's of his Military Medal? How do I get in touch with the person who may have this?

Stumac1, Glad you read my email.

karty (see above) is the person saying that they know the whereabouts of your Grandfather's medal, I suggest that you send them a PM in the first instance. Please note that the GWF can accept no responsibility for the consequences of any further actions arising from this contact.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...