The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

POW Database is complete !

Michael

I've just completed the sanity check and standardised the regiments with the main site list.

There were 22 of us who undertook this massive task and between us we've produced a 1.33 Mb spreadsheet. There are 7926 rows and 63030 cells have been populated. Quite an achievement.

When the database is attached to the site, all the volunteers will recieve credit. When their names are in lights perhaps you could go out of your way to thank them and afford them any help with look-ups or research.

As promised, the sheet will go to Chris for entry into a database by tomorrow. All the volunteers will also receive a copy.

There is still a lot of work to be done by Chris to make it accessible to the forum so don't expect to see the finished aricle for a little while

Mick (...and relax) Mills

Mick,

Congratulations and thanks.

Mick,

Terrific!

Many thanks to you and your volunteers.

cheers Shelley :D

Mick,

Thanks to you and all your cohorts for undertaking and completing this mammoth task. Can't wait to see it in action.

Regards,

Matthew

A wonderful achievement. Well done to all involved.

Many congratulations to Mick and all those involved.

Look forward to seeing the final product on the forum!

Rgds

Ed

Great piece of work, well done Mick and too all involved in this project.

"BRAVO"

Andy

Just back from holiday (and ploughing through teh 29 pages of unread posts...) and saw this. Well done, everyone!

Whenever you want to mail it across to me Michael, I'll get it up on the web as a searchable resource.

Struggling to form an inter-related MGC database, full of admiration for this achievement!

Excellent news, I look forward to using the facility once Chris has done his magic. Congratulations to all who have put in such hard work.

Steve