Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The 18th Regiment of foot Royal Irish regiment Association

mgbarrett1

Hi All this may be of interest,

For your Information

The 18th Regiment of Foot Royal Irish Regiment Association has been reformed and has held its inaugural AGM in Nov 2011 In Kilkenny military Barracks anyone who is interested in joining or who just has interest in the Royal Irish regiment or the South Irish horse please contact.

18TH RIR Assoc

c/o Stephens Barracks

Kilkenny

Ireland

Email:Assoc18RIR@Yahoo.com

CONSTITUTION OF:

1. Name

The 18th Regiment of Foot Royal Irish Regiment Association.

2. Aim

To fully represent The 18th Regiment of Foot Royal Irish Regiment and The South Irish Horse in accordance with the best traditions and customs of those former Irish regiments. The aim and the objectives of the Association will be best achieved through the effective and efficient co-ordination and co-operation of a Management Committee, a Functional Committee and the membership.

3. Objectives

The Association will fulfil the aim by:

 Perpetuating the honour and traditions of all those who served in The Regiment (including The South Irish Horse).

 To provide an efficient organisation providing effective membership for all those with a family connection to (or for those just interested in) The 18th Royal Irish and The South Irish Horse.

 To consolidate and optimize on resources to promote the significance and importance of The 18th Royal Irish and The South Irish Horse, and all of the Irish Regiments, in the military and cultural history of the island of Ireland and the United Kingdom.

Regards Martin

• 4 months later...

Hi all just an update the Assocation has launched its website here is the link http://www.firstandlast.ie/ there is a lot of photos and information relating to the great war in relation to the Royal irish regiment and the South irish horse

regards Martin

Martin - thanks for this.

Question: I can't work out from the link whether the Regimental Museum is actually open to visitors (or where it is, for that matter). I shall be in the Waterford area in the latter part of June, and assuming I can persuade the family they'd like to go, is there a Museum to visit?

Steven the museum is located in Kilkenny Military barracks the museum is open on appointment it is only a matter of a phone call to the barracks if you PM me i will l let you know the contact details

you and your family are more than welcome to visit

regards Martin

Cheers Martin - I'll talk to the lady wife. I suspect it will be a case of I visit while they wander about the town, muttering.

They gave a talk and presentation at the second last Dublin WFA meet, a very interesting and enjoyable afternoon. I have not been to the museum but it is on the list for my next visit to Kilkenny.john

Cheers Martin - I'll talk to the lady wife. I suspect it will be a case of I visit while they wander about the town, muttering.

Lots of nice shops to keep the ladies happy Steven. Some nice cafes and resteraunts too.john