Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Co Armagh Nurses

ARMAGH

Whilst researching the Armagh Guardian newpaper I came across this arcticle on nurses,is there service records for these ladies?

Miss Johnston Armagh & Miss English Keady both trained Nurses have been appointed Military Nurses and sent abroad to take up duty.

Many thanks

Joe

Joe

If they were with the Queen Alexandra Imperial Military Nursing Service, then I imagine there would be service records.

Nigel

Joe

If they were with the Queen Alexandra Imperial Military Nursing Service, then I imagine there would be service records.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel

Joe

You can get Army nurses records from the National Archive in Kew. I was researching a nurse Greene who was named on an R.I.C. Roll of men and women who had served with the R.I.C. and then went on to serve in the forces. I found her records when I searched the NA web-site, I had to send away for them but it only took a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

You can get Army nurses records from the National Archive in Kew. I was researching a nurse Greene who was named on an R.I.C. Roll of men and women who had served with the R.I.C. and then went on to serve in the forces. I found her records when I searched the NA web-site, I had to send away for them but it only took a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

Thanks Blee

Service files for members of Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service and the Territorial Force Nursing Service have been available to download from TNA Documents Online since November at £3.50 per file - they range from about ten pages to more than two hundred. However, unless you can find a first name for the women there are a lot of possibles - far too many to have a guess at:

Nurses' service records at The National Archives

Sue

Service files for members of Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service and the Territorial Force Nursing Service have been available to download from TNA Documents Online since November at £3.50 per file - they range from about ten pages to more than two hundred. However, unless you can find a first name for the women there are a lot of possibles - far too many to have a guess at:

Nurses' service records at The National Archives

Sue

Thanks Sue

I have tried the NA.

Joe