Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

IWM Catalogue search - problems?

John_Hartley

Anyone had recent problems finding stuff?

Some months back, I made a "long list" of documents I wanted to look at on a forthcoming trip. This was based on a search of the catalogue using a number of keywords relevant to the project.

Now I come to whittle down the list and find that quite a number of the documents seem to have disappeared and, similarly, new documents have appeared when I use the keywords (more than would be accounted for by new acquisitions). I'm reasonable sure I'm not doing anything stupid and wonder if others have had issues with the new search facility.

John

I can't say that I've had any issues with the new site. It seems easier to use, and there seems to be a lot more accessible content.

By way of contrast, the National Maritime Museum has recently decided to replace their old catalogue with one which is prettier but utterly unusable. Four letter words come to mind.

Simon

By way of contrast, the National Maritime Museum has recently decided to replace their old catalogue with one which is prettier but utterly unusable. Four letter words come to mind.

Ship? :innocent: