Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial Book

Fred W

Last week the methodist church at Brierfield, Lancashire, was broken into and other than some petty cash the only other item stolen was a Memorial Book containing pictures and details of the men and women of the church who served in the Forces in the second world war.

Could members of the Forum please keep a wether eye open in case the book comes onto the market?

Thank you,

Fred

People have no respect for anything or anyone anymore, even if the police catch the scum they will get off with a "don't do it again", makes my blood boil.

Guest Ian Bowbrick
People have no respect for anything or anyone anymore, even if the police catch the scum they will get off with a "don't do it again", makes my blood boil.

..........and an appointment with a Counsellor to discuss how their criminal tendancies stem from the fact that their mother only allowed them to smoke roll ups at weekends. PAH

As a police officer for the last 18 years, unfortunately I see this kind of thing all too often. Trust me when i say I'm heartily sick and tired of charging #*%@%!!'s and then seeing them let off with a slap on the wrist because they're the 'victim' of heroin and a hard upbringing. I still can't understand why society allows these crooks to blame everyone else for their problems except themselves. When are we going to make them face up to the consequences of THEIR actions!!

I've got the perfect solution....but then again I'm a little bitter and twisted.

Sorry about hijacking the thread - but I do feel a little better now. :blink:

Tim L.

Guest Ian Bowbrick
As a police officer for the last 18 years, unfortunately I see this kind of thing all too often. Trust me when i say I'm heartily sick and tired of charging #*%@%!!'s and then seeing them let off with a slap on the wrist because they're the 'victim' of heroin and a hard upbringing. I still can't understand why society allows these crooks to blame everyone else for their problems except themselves. When are we going to make them face up to the consequences of THEIR actions!!

I've got the perfect solution....but then again I'm a little bitter and twisted.

Sorry about hijacking the thread - but I do feel a little better now. :blink:

Tim L.

Luckily there is a form of justice that is even beyond the establishment.

Ian

Guest AmericanDoughboy

In the cemetery of the Newfoundland Memorial the same terrible thing has occured for it's memorial book. Now due to this tragic theft episode, no one is allowed to place a new register book or even sign the old book as there is none. It is simply preposterous.

-Doughboy

Same old crap from these perps...no one wants to take personal responsibility for their actions anymore. It appears to be endemic in society.

How many times have I heard or read "It"s not my fault!"

Anyway, as stated prior to this post, someday they are going to "do a rug dance" in front of something and try to explain their actions.

DrB

:angry:

Good news. The memorial book has been found under some wood near to the church. It was bit damp but otherwise OK.

I agrre with all that's been said about the soft approach of the liberal minded so called " Do Gooders" of the last 25+ years. What we need is to stop recognising the European Courts and bring back the birch! That's gauranteed to get someone going

Fred