Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George Darville Godfrey. Regiment unknown.

david west

Yet again, i will appeal to the experts for help in a family research question. I am trying to find out if a George Darville Godfrey who was born in Bridgwater Somerset in 1886 served in the armed forces, i have no Regt or service number...but he seems to be the right age to serve. I think that it is such an unusual name that there could be some "hits" on his name (especially the Darville middle name). I know that he married in 1914 but i cannot find anything about this man on CWGC or SDGW, so i presume if he served, he survived.

Any clues or tips from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards, and Christmas greetings to all the experts who have helped me in the past,

David

There is a MIC for a George D Godfrey, RGA, Service Number 115564

He's George Digby Godfrey - service records survive for him.

David,

I do not believe he served. He married Marjory H. Mary Cooper early in 1914 and on February 26 1914 they landed in New York, giving an onward destination of Edmonton, Alberta. He gave is occupation as 'farmer'. He does not appear in the Canadian Expeditionary Force records.

Eric

Thanks alot guys. To Harry Brook thanks alot, i don`t know how you found out that he emigrated but thanks alot.

David