Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2 Kendall's. Any more info please?

steve fuller

Hi there

While Im waiting for 2 certificates to come through, I wondered if anyone happens to have any extra info on these 2 soldiers?

(sourced CWGC on line)

Kendall, William

Gunner, RFA D Btty, 88th Bgde

KIA 10/10/17

Service no 16059

Kendall J

Private, 1st Bedfords

KIA 03/12/16

Service no 32020

Essentially, Im trying to confirm or eliminate any family link to someone im researching, and any info may help?

Thanks again

Steve

Hi,

William was born in Coventry,

john was born in southwark and resided same, (formally 13456 northants regiment).

Hope thats of use for you.

Mandy

Thanks Mandy

Doesnt sound like them then (both born Kettering). Eliminated anyway - thank you!

Steve

Hi Steve

You might be interested to know that there is a Pte. Clarence Allen KENDALL, 7th Beds. KiA on 23/3/1918. Clarence was born in Daventry, Northants. but was living in Brentford at the time of his enlistment.

I have quickly done a list of Northamptonshire Kendalls from SDGW if you are interested; includes a couple born in Kettering. I'll drop you a pm with details.

Rgds

Ed

Hi Steve

You might be interested to know that there is a Pte. Clarence Allen KENDALL, 7th Beds. KiA on 23/3/1918. Clarence was born in Daventry, Northants. but was living in Brentford at the time of his enlistment.

I have quickly done a list of Northamptonshire Kendalls from SDGW if you are interested; includes a couple born in Kettering. I'll drop you a pm with details.

Rgds

Ed

Hi Ed

Well knock me down with a feather! Missed this post completely until just now, but posted about Clarence this morning! :rolleyes:

Yes please Ed, the pm would be lovely thanks.

Will check the new thread and see if youre there! :D

Steve