Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Holy Mackerel ! Is this a wind up?

shawbridge

I see it was a UK based bidder who won…

I’ll be keeping an eye on the seller’s feedback rating with great intrest….

I see it was a UK based bidder who won?

I?ll be keeping an eye on the seller?s feedback rating with great intrest?.

May also be interesting to watch the bidder's feedback as they are UK based and the ad states 'shipping to USA only'.

As either:

a)someone hasn't read the ad correctly,

b)they have relatives in US who will post to them in UK or,

c)they have negotiated postal costs with the seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what 'alijack' is thinking if he is in the UK and his money is in the USA, since I note s/he has not left feedback and there have been delays in shipment quoted in the feedback etc.? Still, at least with the weak dollar it would not be as worrying as it might otherwise be.

I though three proximate or consequetive negatives and a seller would be 'investigated'?

I had a similar problem (though only for under £20) when I saw that one seller had been suspended from ebay. Upon checking further, it turned out for having many very late deliveries rather than no-shows, and the seller answered email from me and assures delivery by late this month (some 8-10 weeks after winnning). Not happy but quite willing to wait since it was very good deal, and if I don't get it I will get in touch with ebay for a re-imbursement.

Richard

Just be thankful you didn't win this auction! The seller 'christycollectibles' has now generated FIFTEEN Negative feedbacks, including one from the buyer of this auction, alijack!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:SID

Is it possible that this ebayers account has been hijacked by a conman? All those negatives, for high value items, in a row suggests this to me.

A month or so ago someone hijacked my ebay account, which I had not sold on for around six months.

Luckily, ebay stopped this person from using my account and enabled me to take control of it again. I was told that there are people who "take over" dormant accounts and, making use of the past positive feedback, set out to steal.

Just a thought.