Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

another one ?

veklee

hi terry , thomas charles edwards 8191 rfa discharged TB papers avaliable on line say cause due to war service died 14/2/19 . one month after being granted pension. will these papers suffice or do i need to get a death certificate

thanks

barry

Hi Barry

You will still need to get his DC as the file does not give the cause of death. However I would say that there is a high probability of him dying of the same cause that he was discharged with. Would you like to discuss this with IFCP?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Barry

You will still need to get his DC as the file does not give the cause of death. However I would say that there is a high probability of him dying of the same cause that he was discharged with. Would you like to discuss this with IFCP?

Cheers

Chris

hi chris definatly would like to try and get him commemerated ,have single war medal to his brother one of my walthamstow boys , they are in the roll of honour , that was the reason i looked him up today just lucky ? his papers were there

thanks barry

Barry

How would you like to proceed with this case?

Chris

hi chris ill get his death certificate as soon as i can and let you know what it says . poor boy got his pension awarded then nxt month desd ?

thanks

barry

• 11 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hi Terry,

Could you please enlighten me to what what is IFCP? 

Alan

Alan,

Don't know which Terry you're after, but IFCP is the In from the Cold Project https://www.infromthecold.org/

They are one route to putting forward a case to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission where you believe there has been a missed commemoration as they have a lot of experience, but you can always go direct with your evidence to the CWGC https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/commemorations/non-commemoration-form/

Cheers,
Peter