Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British navy deck boots

Tim P

For LH/ display purposes it is my intention to acquire a set of the B5 boots offered by the William Lennon company but with so much else to lay hands on I am curious about the suitability of the pebbled plain toe deck boots currently used by the royal Navy for use for WW1.

This until I can fund a pair of the Lennon ones.

I have seen similar examples of pebbled boots referred to on here as been worn alongside the brown flesh out side so I would be grateful if an objective discussion about their suitability for use as a stop gap could ensue..what they are good for and what they aren't..

Many thanks

Tim.

For LH/ display purposes it is my intention to acquire a set of the B5 boots offered by the William Lennon company but with so much else to lay hands on I am curious about the suitability of the pebbled plain toe deck boots currently used by the royal Navy for use for WW1.

This until I can fund a pair of the Lennon ones.

I have seen similar examples of pebbled boots referred to on here as been worn alongside the brown flesh out side so I would be grateful if an objective discussion about their suitability for use as a stop gap could ensue..what they are good for and what they aren't..

It rather depends - older pairs of deck boots (apart from the more rounded toe) can look a lot like B5's as made in black pebbled leather (see the lower original pair of boots in post no. 14):

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164590&st=0

But original older pairs are becoming rarer and more expensive, and the newer pairs are starting to lose the classic look. As an owner of a pair of Lennons B5's I think they're marvellous, and would suggest saving up for them from the word go personally... :thumbsup:

As an owner of a pair of Lennons B5's I think they're marvellous, and would suggest saving up for them from the word go personally... :thumbsup:

Lennons are on the cards but like everything you can't always have it all in a oner. as I already own deck boots that is a cost neutral solution as long as it is actually a solution of sorts. Short term.

Mine have a fairly squarish toe anyhow.

Archived