Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Albert after hours

stephenh

I'm with Paul on this one...........Nothing wrong with Stromboli.

There is also an Itallian about 100yds further along the Peronne road (on the other side of the road to Stromboli)..........that isn't too bad either

LE STROMBOLI AND OTHER BAPAUME DELIGHTS

Steve,

The Italian you mentioned, the one 100 yards up the Péronne Road advertised itself as OUVERT on two consecutive nights but proved to be FERME. so that we had to go to the Stromboli. Advice for people on a low-salt diet: avoid all pizzas.

Advice: order simple Italian food where notrhing can go wrong and stay off the entrecôtes!

EL PEDRO used to be all right, but sadly it has gone.

Bonm appétit!

Fred

• Admin
The chip wagons in the main square are also much better than the ones in Albert!

Can't vouch for the chips in Bapaume, but agree with Paul, the van in the place serves AWFUL chips!

The frite vans in Bailleul, now they are a different story......fantastic! :P

I think we've spent more time on this thread than you can spend 'out' in Albert.

Exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the thread before opening it & saw there were 28 posts on Albert after hours. It's a pretty bad town but one can eat quite well there, nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

ALBERT BY DAY

I am afraid of risking Paul guthrie's wrath but here are some tips for enjoying a few things in Albert:

-the town hall has some harry Potter-like details in the architecture, some weird but entertaining details

-the station has interesting architecture , too . So has the face of the clock

-the station hall has a real aeroplane suspended from the ceiling: a Potez from 1933. Potez was the local builder of aeroplanes.

Has anyone visited the museum under of near the Leaning Virgin church? Can you recommend it?

Fred

I've been to the museum and I would recommend it.... for two reasons....

A. it is very interesting

B. There is nothing else to do in Albert.