Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

21st General Hospital Alexandria

Hello - I am sure the 21st Gen Hospital Alexandria has been discussed before but I can't find a thread that tells me where it was exactly in Alexandria. - preferably a Google earth grid ref.....Can anyone please help? Thanks. MG

It was in the Egyptian Army Barracks at Ras-el-Tin

Sue

Sue.. Many thanks. I understand that you are the guru on all things medical..... I really appreciate the info. I assume Ras-el-Tin is easy to locate....Do you where I might locate any info/photos of the Hospital? I am researching a friend's grandfather HERE who was a doctor in the NZMC I now discover was evacuated to 21st Gen Hospital in Sep 1915 with enteric and eventually was sent to the 3rd London General Hospital. He was later an eminent ENT Surgeon and also served in the RAMC in WWII - Lt Col P J Jory DSO.

I have an old period French map with the Barracks showmn - see below marked with the yellow asterisk.

Regards MG

post-55873-0-11401100-1310925676.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have any other information - I just try to keep a brief note of any locations I find. My total knowledge of 21 General is now exhausted :wacko:

Sue